Saturday, September 10, 2011

School Days

I already mentioned that I would be teaching business this semester. I thought that I had mentally prepared myself, but when I got my schedule I realized that I was dead wrong. I found out that I was supposed to teach three sections of Marketing twice a week, an Oral English class, and a Personality Training class that, after teaching for two weeks, I’m still not sure what that is! J It’s a class for the tourism majors, and it focuses on interviewing and writing resumes. But back to Marketing. Marketing After having a mini panic attack, I actually flipped through the textbook and scanned the lesson plans that a friend had given me. Not too bad. I think I maybe kinda sorta can handle this a little bit!

So teaching those classes hasn't been as bad as I thought. I realized that I knew a lot more about Marketing than I thought I did! The students have been fun. After about a week of being shy and nervous in front of a foreign teacher, they started warming up and letting me get to know them. Even though I have a tough time putting the right name with the right face, some names and faces I just will not forget! All of my students have English names, but some of them aren't really names. Some of the more unusual ones are: Vesslan, Leaf, Jackgai, Kaka, Cherry, 2 boys named Messi, Lother, Star, Rock, Began, Prince, and a girl named King. I guess that’s better than a boy named Sue. J

1 comment:

  1. Hmm......Personality Training? They've certainly landed themselves the perfect teacher!!! I love all the exotic names, oh, and the Johnny Cash reference - J is going to LOVE that. Van't wait to show him your latest blog post. I miss you and am talking about you often. :-)

    ReplyDelete