Friday, October 28, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Part of living in a different country means eating new foods. When I’m out with friends or students I like to try different foods, as long as they don’t look too suspicious! When I’m home however, I like to eat what we call “Western” food. To you at home in the states, that’s just the everyday food from Wal-Mart or Publix. Sometimes going grocery shopping here is “Like a box of chocolates. Ya never know what you’re gonna get!” And when you do find something that you don’t expect, like a favorite candy or baking supplies, it can make your entire week! Often times we’ll go to the Western food stores and come home feeling like we’ve found buried treasure. So I wanted to show you some of the things I consider treasures, that you might not think about at all.




Here are some of the "Western" foods that are actually sold in China. See if you can figure out what they are! :)





Who would have ever thought that you could even find Nutrisystem foods here?? :)





No comments:

Post a Comment